Applying for Daytime Courses
Recruiting now for September 2013
All applications must be made by using one copy of the common application form. This form has been introduced jointly by the three Brighton colleges Varndean College, BHASVIC and City College Brighton to ensure that all students are given the opportunity to gain access to the most appropriate program of study. The form can be obtained from your own school or directly from any one of the three colleges - you can download and print a form yourself. You may use it to apply to one, two or three of the colleges as you wish, but you will be asked to put the colleges in order of your preference.
- Joint Application Form for 16 To 19 year olds, for BHASVIC, City College and Varndean College (PDF)
- Joint Application Form Guidelines (PDF)
- Information for International Students
How to Apply
You should send your form directly to the Admissions Officer at Varndean College. It is advisable to complete your application as soon as possible.
Varndean College offers daytime courses to students at three levels:
- Advanced courses: A package of A levels (A2 & AS), OCR or BTEC National courses
- Intermediate courses: A package of GCSE's or BTEC First courses
- pre-Apprentice Traineeships - for students who may need to achieve qualifications or confidence, in order to progress on to Level 2 courses, training or employment
The exact composition of your course will depend on your individual needs. These will be discussed with you throughout the admissions process and will depend on -
- your qualifications when you arrive at college
- your personal ambitions regarding higher education and/or employment
- your personal wishes
- whether you are a full-time or a part-time student
Please be assured that we will take account of your personal circumstances. These are guidelines only and if, in our judgement, a course is appropriate for you, then we will enrol you.